Is this project still active?

Nov 6, 2009 at 10:56 PM

Hi there,

I was wondering if this project was still a good alternative to the Facebook Developer Toolkit and if it was still supported to reflect the ongoing chances of the Facebook API?

My goal is to use it for a Silvelright 3 application inside Facebook, am I looking at the right place?

Thanks

Nov 30, 2009 at 10:05 AM
Edited Nov 30, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Hi

I had much the same question as you. We had a legacy project using this API, and I needed to do a bug fix, so I checked to see what updates were available. The basic stuff works, but as far as I can tell the ability to post to a users wall broke some time in the last year when the Facebook API changed. I have looked at porting the old code to the MS sanctioned FB API, but some of the comments there were not at all favourable, so I decided to wait and see if anybody fixed this one. That was 6 months ago, and no new code has been posted. I note that the comments on FacebookToolkit are still very mixed, so any hope there would be a clear reason to upgrade remains lacking.

If you are starting a new project, I'd suggest carefully comparing what you need between this project and http://www.codeplex.com/FacebookToolkit

Nov 30, 2009 at 1:14 PM

Yeah that's what I figured. For Silverlight 3, the facebook toolkit with it's new version 3.0 seems the way to go.

Thanks