FBML Samples

Aug 7, 2008 at 1:26 AM
Edited Aug 7, 2008 at 1:27 AM
Hi Guys,

We're just getting started building a FB app for our company.

I have been able to run the iFrame samples that came with the Facebook.net source however I can't get the FBML samples to run. The error is below. It seems like .net is putting out more HTML than is in the FBML sample. Could it be automattically adding a body tag? I have set the Facebook App settings to FBML.

Thanks for your help.

Bjako.

Errors while loading page from application

Parse errors:

FBML Error (line 31): illegal tag "body" under "fb:canvas"

Runtime errors:

HTML error while rendering tag "script": App exceeded maximum number of script references

There are still a few kinks Facebook and the makers of BJ Test App are trying to iron out. We appreciate your patience as we try to fix these issues. Your problem has been logged - if it persists, please come back in a few days. Thanks!

Aug 7, 2008 at 2:57 PM
Have you made changes to the sample?
Aug 7, 2008 at 4:33 PM

No just using the standard FBML HelloWorld example. All I've changed is the web.config to add the keys and the Facebook App Settings to select FBML.

I am using Localhost as the callback url.

Aug 7, 2008 at 10:33 PM
Edited Aug 7, 2008 at 11:14 PM
FBML apps need to be hosted on an external server for facebook to read the FBML, if you are doing that you can try wrapping <fb:iframe> tags around it just to see if it works.

e.g. :

<fb:iframe src="http://www.yoursite.com/default.aspx"> (this will be the same as your callback url)
<fb:fbml>
hello world code
</fb:fbml>
</fb:iframe>

<script......
Aug 11, 2008 at 1:56 AM

Hi Paston,

That was the missing piece being on an external server. Sounds obvious in hindsight but I went straight from the iFrame to FBML example.

Thanks for the reply it was much appreciated.

Ben.