Scroll Bars in Iframe

Dec 21, 2007 at 5:47 AM
Hello All

Can anyone help me in getting ride ugly scroll bars in my iframe application . Please Im trying hard for this one .
Dec 21, 2007 at 7:54 AM
Edited Dec 21, 2007 at 7:55 AM
Hello,

you can try adding extra fbml page like this

cs file:

public partial class _Default : Facebook.WebControls.CanvasFBMLBasePage
{
protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
base.Api = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings"appkey";
base.Secret = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings"secret";
base.Page_Load(sender, e);
}
}

aspx file:

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" Title="Page title" %>

<fb:iframe
src="Page URL"
frameborder="0"
height = "Page height"
width = "Page width">
</fb:iframe>

then call it with: Default.apsx?fbforcemode=fbml
Dec 22, 2007 at 1:53 AM
{Hello Sir

Thanks alot for your concern but when i itried with your code i got error like "Sorry, there was an error processing the request. Please refresh the page to try again."

I tried like this :
at the top of the page above html tag i wrote this code
<fb:iframe
src="http://www.ddd.com/QuickNEasy/"
frameborder="0"
height = "Page height"
width = "Page width">

and bottom of the page </fb:iframe>

i tried by keeping src="http://apps.facebook.com/quickneasy/Default.aspx?fbforcemode=fbml";

and could you please clrify me how to call Default.apsx?fbforcemode=fbml .. i mean where i have to specify it

Please let me am i doing anything wrong here

Dec 24, 2007 at 10:34 AM
Edited Dec 24, 2007 at 10:34 AM
My mistake, its not Default.apsx?fbforcemode=fbml

Correct is Default.apsx?fb_force_mode=fbml
Jan 25, 2008 at 7:21 AM
Edited Jan 29, 2008 at 10:29 AM
Hello Sir ..

The code given by you helped me ... but here one more error is coming after the page is been loaded one more page is coming inside the page ..

any help ?
Jan 29, 2008 at 11:29 AM
Edited Jan 29, 2008 at 11:55 AM
Any help please ..... ???????

http://apps.facebook.com/quickneasy/Default.aspx?fbforcemode=fbml
Feb 16, 2008 at 4:54 AM
Did anyone figure this out? I'd also like to remove the scrollbars.

There has to be a way to specify the height of the iframe... doesn't there?
Feb 22, 2008 at 3:06 PM
If you're talking about an iframed canvas page, then nope. Your only hope is to have an FBML canvas page and include the <fb:iframe> call in there.1 Until that feature is implemented (dynamically-resizing iframes), you'd best make peace with the scrollbars.

Bill

1http://forum.developers.facebook.com/viewtopic.php?id=2305
Feb 22, 2008 at 10:56 PM
Well that sucks. I guess I'll just have to learn to luv 'em then. Heh.

Thanks for the reply. Now I can stop pondering/attempting stuff with that and move on to other parts.

I really appreciate the response.
Feb 25, 2008 at 9:49 PM
<form id="form1" runat="server" style="height:auto;">

it will fix ur issue
Feb 25, 2008 at 10:27 PM

sachit wrote:
<form id="form1" runat="server" style="height:auto;">

it will fix ur issue

I was going to reflexively say that specifying a CSS style on the form inside of an iframe would have no effect on the height of the containing iframe, but then I thought, "Maybe sachit knows something I don't." So I tried it and nothing happened.

The problem is that we have no access to the Facebook page that defines the iframe's size. There's nothing you can do within that iframe to affect the height of the containing iframe.

Bill
Mar 17, 2008 at 7:19 AM
Hey, there's now an option for this. I've been playing around with it tonight and it works quite well:

http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Resizable_IFrame
http://developers.facebook.com/news.php?blog=1&story=93

One thing that tripped me up briefly is they say "relative URL" but I think they mean "root-relative URL" for the path to the cross-domain communication channel file. Also, I like the setSizeToContent function over the startTimerToSizeToContent one--it reminds me of iGoogle's dynamic resize feature in that you just call it whenever you've done something that merits an adjustment. Finally, don't forget to change your app's settings from SmartSize to Resizeable.

Bill
Mar 17, 2008 at 7:29 AM

wcbrown wrote:
Finally, don't forget to change your app's settings from SmartSize to Resizeable.

Interesting. If you make the switch, then you're going to be resizing on every page because if you don't explicitly call a resize then your content will be cut off. I solved this by adding the script library call to my master page and then adding the resize script block right before the closing body tag on the master page. I think that calling setSizeToContent instead of the timer will make it so that resizing occurs once per page generation instead of repeatedly due to the Javascript timer. (I didn't test that, but it makes sense that that's how they'd do it.)

Bill
Jul 16, 2009 at 4:40 AM

Hi

I m making an ifarme application.And in setting i selected the option Re sizable and used this script on page

<div id="FB_HiddenIFrameContainer" style="display:none; position:absolute; left:-100px; top:-100px; width:0px; height: 0px;overflow:hidden;"></div>

<script type="text/javascript">
  FB_RequireFeatures(["CanvasUtil"], function(){
     FB.CanvasClient.startTimerToSizeToContent();
  });
</script>

It is working fine for IE browser but not For mozilla.It is not showing scroll.

Any Suggestions.

Thanks

Jul 17, 2009 at 6:00 AM

try adding this

FB.CanvasClient.startTimerToSizeToContent();
FB.CanvasClient.syncUrl();

Jul 27, 2009 at 3:26 AM

hi debsky

thanks for reply...

i have added this in my code but it still not working for mozilla?

Any other suggestion..

Thanks

Jul 30, 2009 at 3:23 AM

Hey Team
I Have an issue facing from last few day realted to showing pop up for offline access extended permission Earliar it was opening properly but now it is giving me error of "object expected in offline access" when I click on my FBML tag created in my App in Asp.net c#
<fb:prompt-permission perms="email"> Grant permission for email </fb:prompt-permission>

I m tired enough to looking for it.Please is help me guys.

Pawan Bali

Jul 30, 2009 at 3:23 AM

Hey Team
I Have an issue facing from last few day realted to showing pop up for offline access extended permission Earliar it was opening properly but now it is giving me error of "object expected in offline access" when I click on my FBML tag created in my App in Asp.net c#
<fb:prompt-permission perms="email"> Grant permission for email </fb:prompt-permission>

I m tired enough to looking for it.Please is help me guys.

Pawan Bali