This project is read-only.

Is this project dead?

Sep 24, 2008 at 1:14 PM
No updates since January, the samples don't compile and most of the code doesn't work with the latest fb updates... Is this thing a dead donkey? If so, is there anything out there that works with c# and facebook or am I really going to have to start learning php?
Sep 24, 2008 at 2:51 PM
Good luck finding something.  The only hope you're going to have is that wcbrown completes his work on the fork from this project titled FB.Net or that the developers or the Facebook Developer's Toolkit suddenly decide to stop re-architecting and adding in new toys in the alpha stage and actually work toward fixing the actual functionality in it.  This is especially true now that Facebook is abandoning ver 1.0 of their API for the recently released 2.0 as part of the transition.

If you're inclined though, you can install Phalanger.  Phalanger now has a shell for Visual Studio 2008.  It allows you to compile and use Php from .Net languages, so in theory you could compile the actual Facebook Php library and call it from C#/VB.  This may be the way to go for a lot of us if wcbrown is unable to complete his work on the FB.Net fork. 

If anyone has good results on Phalanger, maybe they could at least post links to somewhere where they discuss their results.
Sep 24, 2008 at 3:16 PM
cool, thanks for the pointers i'll check it out.
Sep 24, 2008 at 4:16 PM
np - if you find anything good or get some results with Phalanger let me know.
Oct 3, 2008 at 6:56 PM
I am actually rewriting the Facebook.Net framework Feeds section to work with the 2.0 API.  I'll have it finished today or tomorrow.  I've contacted Nikhil but not heard back from him.  If he doesn't add me as a developer I'll just start a new project with the feed changes.  I'll keep everyone posted.  It will probably be ready by early next week.

Once that is finished I'll continue to update the framework to be completely compatible and maintain it going forward.  I'll put up a blog soon, much as Nikhil did, with information on it and I'll actually build out some full documentation, class diagrams and all.

Paul