This project is read-only.

Facebook.NET Beta

Jul 28, 2008 at 10:16 PM
I finished publishing my fork of this project last night. It's over here but after I had pushed my checkin and made the project live, I got an email from Nikhil. He said that he's going to review the code and get in touch with me via IM to coordinate our efforts. So the short-lived FB.NET will go away as soon as I'm added as a developer to this project.

The code is available at the link above but I haven't even had a chance to test it with my applications. So keep it to your development versions if you could. I'm hoping to chat with Nikhil tonight and get some resolution to the communications issues we've been having. Once that's done, I plan to start cranking out the changes, adding new API methods, laying waste to long-time issues, and, most importantly to me, concocting unit tests for this framework. After I finish the basic changes, my focus will be on building a comprehensive suite of unit tests so that future development can have that significant safety net.

Sorry guys, you'll have to bear with me a little longer. I appreciate your patience.

Bill
Jul 29, 2008 at 6:58 PM
I haven't heard from him since Sunday, so I'm going to continue development over at the FB.NET project for the time being. My next task is the template bundle registration changes.

Bill
Aug 2, 2008 at 1:59 PM
Great stuff bill, will keep eye on project/thread, ta
Sep 23, 2008 at 5:04 AM
Sorry, I've been pretty busy with work and life. Facebook.NET has been the last thing on my mind. But time is running out so I need to get cracking.

Bill
Sep 23, 2008 at 8:22 AM
Yay!!!
Oct 3, 2008 at 6:58 PM
Ahh, I didn't realize some one had started a fork.

wcbrown - I've rewritten (well, will have rewritten by the end of the day today or tomorrow) the Feeds Service to work with the new 2.0 API.  We should probably collaborate on our changes.  If your too busy to maintain the project right now I would be more than happy to take it over.  I've been meaning to get more involved with the open source community lately anyway.

Paul