Facebook Application Help

Jul 18, 2008 at 10:58 PM
Hello,
I am developing a very simple application in Facebook. This may be a simple response that may cause an "a-ha!" moment for me. But I think I may need some guidance here so here goes...

I have a web application in ASP.NET C# that lists out some "items of interest" (say favorite songs) for registered users. In order to increase the reach of my application, i want to create a Facebook application that can be added on my profile in Facebook. Once the application is added, clicking on the application should display the registered user the same "items of interest" that a user would see had he logged onto my original web app.

My question is how can I allow this?

Here's what I have done so far:
1. I have created a canvas page that takes in an ASPX page (currently static) and created an application and setup all the parameters correctly.
2. I have added the application to my Facebook and it does show the static page correctly.

Now I want to somehow obtain the "items of interest" from my database based on the login (this is what I don't know). Do I let the users login to my site using facebook Canvas?? and then display the items of interest?

Every time a new item is inserted into the database for that particular user, I would like it to generate a feed Item and notify the user who has installed my app.

What basic approaches should I use for this kind of development?

Any help would be appreciated!

Anup