mini feed

Apr 29, 2008 at 12:35 PM
So my mini feed is working ... it publishes the Story to my developer account where I called fbs.Feed.PublishMiniFeedStory(Story) , but not to my friends account (my real account).

here is what i have , in abstract:

*FeedStoryTemplate StoryTemplate = new FeedStoryTemplate("{actor} did something", "something in the body , etc");

FeedStory Story = new FeedStory(StoryTemplate,fba.Service.UserID,fba.Service.Friends.GetFriends(FriendFilter.AllFriends));*

is there some sort of filter that gets applied to these published stories?

Thanks!

Apr 29, 2008 at 3:59 PM
There's two possibilities:

1) You've got the "Private Installation" setting checked in your application's settings. This setting disables publishing to other users.

2) There's something at the Facebook level that's restricting things http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Feed.publishTemplatizedAction#Notes

Possible candidates:
"Applications are limited to calling this function 10 times for each user or Page in a rolling 48-hour window."
"The story may or may not show up in the user's friends' News Feeds, depending on the number and quality of competing stories."
"If a story template is registered and enabled to be shown to all users, it may be shown to the user's friends that do not have the application installed."

(On the last candidate, you may not have registered your template for your application. It's under "Feed Templates" in your application page.

Bill
Apr 30, 2008 at 1:06 AM
Oh.

I didn't know i had to register a template ... i thought the framework just publishedToMiniFeed.... do you have example code of how you would interface with said Template? Thanks
Apr 30, 2008 at 4:41 AM
Well , it definitely is showing up in the News Feed of the recipient (i.e. if you click the facebook logo of my recipient test account) but not in the mini feed. ... I registered a Feed Template in the sender test account ( but not sure if this had anything to do with it working. I also am sure that competing messages will drown it out if its not relevant (my real facebook acct. did not show it on the news feed ). So, still wondering why the minifeed of the recipient test acct isn't showing it but the news feed is.
Apr 30, 2008 at 11:11 PM
I've only ever experienced the reverse: shows up in the Mini-Feed but not the News Feed. I'm assuming that you don't have the "Private Installation" setting enabled.

Either way, I'd guess that it's a Facebook issue more than a Facebook.NET matter. Do your post to the Mini-Feed and see what the response is from Facebook for it.

Bill