Why redirecting to add app page after login

Mar 20, 2008 at 1:12 PM
Hi I am using the latest release

The problem is after i login to facebook It redirects to the add page for that APP
it should redirect to the application canvas page

it redirects to add app page and says u have already added the app

i tried a lot, let me know how to correct this

thanks a lot
- anand
Mar 21, 2008 at 6:03 PM
This is tough to figure out from what you've provided. Let me summarize and you can tell me if I'm missing anything.

You've set up an application on Facebook through the Developer app. When you hit the app URL ("apps.facebook.com/YourAwesomeApp"), it says that you need to log in. You log in to Facebook and it redirects to the add this app page. You think it should redirect you to the app's canvas page.

Is that correct? You then say that it says "you have already added this app" but is this the next time you click on the app's link or try to load the page or is it on the initial redirect to the add this app page? Have you filled in the setting for Post-Add Redirect in your app's settings?

The other possibility I'd entertain is that you're trying to view app content without having to add the app. Facebook.NET does not currently support that but there is a work item pending along with a patch: allow facebookapplication control to exist when the user has not added the application

Bill
Mar 22, 2008 at 3:07 AM
Hi

Thanks for the reply
I have added in Post Add\
My Problem is

1) You have already added the app
2) Now you have logged out of face book
3) You come back and just type the Canvas Page URL
4) Since you are not logged into FAce book at takes you to the face book login page
5) after you login it Takes you to the add page and says you have already added this app
INSTEAD AFTER LOGGING IN IT SHOULD SEND ME TO MY CANVAS PAGE

please help me in this

thanks
anand
Mar 26, 2008 at 5:15 PM
But clicking on the app icon in the left nav works right? I've encountered this but it never bothered me.

Bill
Mar 31, 2008 at 11:30 PM
Just on a lark, are you trying to do any SSL protection on just the login page for your app?