This project is read-only.

The remote name could not be resolved: 'api.facebook.com'

Jan 27, 2008 at 9:31 PM
I'm new on asp.net and facebook.net
I write new application. I tried on local with successfully but upload a web server and I get this error. Please help me. How do upload on my server?

www.2025arena.com/fb

italics

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'api.facebook.com'
System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream() +1532269
Facebook.API.FacebookAPI.GetQueryResponse(String requestUrl, String postString) +220
Facebook.API.FacebookAPI.ExecuteApiCallString(IDictionary`2 parameterDictionary, Boolean useSession) +171
Facebook.API.FacebookAPI.ExecuteApiCall(IDictionary`2 parameterDictionary, Boolean useSession) +43
Facebook.API.FacebookAPI.CreateSession() +156
Facebook.API.FacebookAPI.CreateSession(String authToken) +38
Facebook.Components.FacebookService.CreateSession(String authToken) +47
Default.PageLoad(Object sender, EventArgs e) +282
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061

italics

thank you

Jan 29, 2008 at 7:26 AM
Perhaps your server deployment requires a particular proxy server to be used for outgoing connections.

You can set your custom proxy settings in configuration (web.config).
Dec 4, 2008 at 6:53 PM
For the record, I also hit this when trying to deploy to an internal server. If you are behind a corporate firewall the calls to the Facebok API will fail. You fix this by adding the following to the system.net section in your web.config:

<defaultProxy>
    <
proxy proxyaddress="http://yourproxyservergoeshere/" usesystemdefault="False" bypassonlocal="True"/>
</
defaultProxy>

Hopefully this helps others down the road.
Neil