This project is read-only.

Does EnableExternalBrowsing=true work?

Jan 27, 2008 at 3:50 PM
I'm pretty sure this worked in the past, but maybe it was due to a bad implementation on my part:

I want to let the user enter my page if he hasn't added my app. I then check the value of IsApplicationAdded and if it's false, I redirect the user myself to the add.php page. I do this because I need to pass a querystring parameter to the "next" value.

This was all done first thing in Page_Load, but it doesn't work now. The user is being redirected to the add.php page as if EnableExternalBrowsing=false. See this test page for an example: http://apps.facebook.com/re-status/Test.aspx?uid=694552442&id=694552442
It only has the following code at the top of the page:
<fb:FacebookApplication ApplicationName="ReStatus" ID="fbApplication" runat="server" Mode="IFrame"
EnableDebugging="false" EnableExternalBrowsing="true" />

Am I doing something wrong or is this a result of a bug in the last release? Is that what EnableExternalBrowsing is there for? Does anyone have any ideas how to implement the behavior I was explaining above without checking for the IsApplicationAdded myself?
Mar 17, 2008 at 10:47 PM
What you are looking to do is not possible with the current release. What you want is described in the work item entitled "allow facebookapplication control to exist when the user has not added the application." The fix attached to that work item works as far as I can tell in my testing so far. I've uploaded a patch to address the IFrame version.

Bill