Ajax toolkit with IE & Facebook.Net

Nov 18, 2007 at 8:49 PM
Edited Nov 18, 2007 at 9:52 PM
I am trying to create my first facebook app and whilst it looks fine and works great in FireFox it isnt working with IE - more specifically the Ratings and Tabs controls from the Ajax Toolkit arent working - the former doesnt have the mouse over effect and clicking simply takes you to page top where as with the other the mouseover again doesnt work and clicking the tab has no impact at all.

In IE I do get a javascript error as soon as anything is clicked on saying that there is an error "Access Denied" Line:6 Char 73478 but I dont know if this is related to the controls not working or not (nor how to see what the cause of the error is)

Any suggestions on how to work this out would be appreciated

update

The javascript error seems to be in the MicrosoftAjax.js file according to IE 6 but as line 6 in this file is over 31,000 characters in length it is too long to post here

Update2

Ok, appears to be a problem soley with the ajax control toolkit as puting a single rating control and scriptmanager onto a blank page within facebook also fails with IE
Nov 18, 2007 at 10:37 PM
Ok, so this is a known "feature" of using IE, iframes in another domain and ajax - the fix can be found http://weblogs.asp.net/bleroy/archive/2007/01/31/how-to-work-around-the-quot-access-denied-quot-cross-domain-frame-issue-in-asp-net-ajax-1-0.aspx
Jan 25, 2008 at 6:33 AM
Hai All

I tried to fix the access denied problem from the above the links. may i know any updates for this issue please .
Apr 30, 2008 at 5:54 AM
I applied this fix, remember that you also need to apply the fix to AjaxToolkit (link on Bleroy's post above) to make it work.

hope it helps