Executing FQL

Nov 18, 2007 at 1:12 AM
Anyone else having trouble executing FQL queries? Heres a simple example

result = FacebookApplication1.Service.Fql.ExecuteQuery("SELECT pid, subject, text, xcoord, ycoord, created FROM photo_tag WHERE pid IN (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)")

After this finishs executing result is nothing... All other service api's work fine. Gender, interests, etc..

Andrew

Dec 3, 2007 at 12:03 AM
Did you ever figure this one out? I'm just getting started and am unclear as to how to extract results out of an FqlDataSource for using with binding ASP.NET controls.

Chris

itandrew wrote:
Anyone else having trouble executing FQL queries? Heres a simple example

result = FacebookApplication1.Service.Fql.ExecuteQuery("SELECT pid, subject, text, xcoord, ycoord, created FROM photo_tag WHERE pid IN (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)")

After this finishs executing result is nothing... All other service api's work fine. Gender, interests, etc..

Andrew

Coordinator
Dec 3, 2007 at 4:05 AM
Best thing to do is see what the query does in their interactive API tool.

For data-binding, the Facebook.NET framework deserializes the JSON response into bindable objects - see the included sample - you just have to bind controls to the FqlDataSource and use regular data-binding expressions.
Dec 5, 2007 at 12:09 PM
Yep I did the interactive API tool and it executes the query giving me the data I want. I couldnt live without that tool. I have a feeling my problem lies with binding to the FQLDataSource then. I'll check this out soon and try to report back on my findings.

Thanks,

Andrew