This project is read-only.

Facebook Data Store API

Sep 29, 2007 at 9:08 AM
Hi, first I would like to thank you for a great library, I got it up and running without any problems and it really has a clear layout.

I'm wondering if you will be wrapping the new Data Store API anytime soon?
Oct 6, 2007 at 10:14 PM
I'd love to ... I want to think a little about the abstractions to build on top of it as well... imagine the asp.net profile-like model for preferences, and a data source for the data objects before I jump into doing the raw api wrapper itself.
Oct 12, 2007 at 3:08 AM
In the meantime, I'm using the Amazon S3 service with good results, you might want to look into that.
Oct 29, 2007 at 7:55 PM
The latest checkin introduces support for the preferences part of the data API.
Oct 29, 2007 at 10:15 PM
Did you experience any bugs in those functions from facebooks side?

I implemented an ad-hoc solution to those using your codebase and found that they reply with different formats depending on how many preferences are in stored, or which positions are occupied. My workaround to make the responses consistent was to skip putting stuff in the first preference slot and index everything n+1. Maybe they've fixed that bug now?
Oct 29, 2007 at 11:27 PM
Hmmm... I'll admit I only tried with one item in the pref store ... but that test seemed to indicate the first slot, i.e. index == 0 was working.
Oct 30, 2007 at 12:00 AM
OK, I just tried out their test console, seems they've fixed the bug I was hitting. Great!