This project is read-only.

IIS 4/5 Bug - 405 Error when Callback URL does not specify file.

Sep 21, 2007 at 7:25 AM
It's a known problem that if you don't specify a file in the Callback URL and attempt to have it use the default document, that facebook fails the request and spits out a 405. As you may well know, if you DO supply a file name, it screws up all sorts of the relative path stuff within your application breaking things like links to other canvas pages and img tags etc.

Is there any workaround for this short of moving your application to a Windows Server 2003+ box? IIS6 as a minimum requirement seems rather absurd.
Sep 22, 2007 at 3:10 AM
If you're doing local development, then you can use the local development web server that comes with VS2005... this should work, and provide better experience than IIS5.

If you're deploying an app to an actual server, I think you'll generally want to use IIS6.
Oct 23, 2007 at 3:52 PM
I'm running into this problem too and it's roadblocking me from doing development on my XP machine on an FBML app I want to build. Is it actually possible to use the local dev server to test out an FBML app as is suggested above? The local dev server doesn't run on port 80 and I've been unable to get Facebook to successfully connect down to my computer on port 2003 which is what the dev server is running on.

Any ideas here? I am stumped!
Oct 23, 2007 at 4:06 PM
UPDATE: I was able to workaround this issue still using IIS5 by setting my sidebar nav URL to hit my default.aspx file directly, and then removing the filename in the callback URL. I'm very happy this is working.
Dec 10, 2007 at 11:43 PM
Edited Dec 10, 2007 at 11:44 PM
hi weisner, does this mean no-one can access your app via: apps.facebook.com/appname/ (i.e. without the default.aspx?)

probably not something you'd care about while you are doing dev... but there is an alternative, use this webserver:
http://www.wilcob.com/Wilco/Toolbox/WebDevWebServer2.aspx