Fbml mode auth redirect loop problem

Sep 18, 2007 at 4:27 PM
Has there been any progress on this issue?, I am just trying to create an application and as detailed by others on the blog im having the same redirect loop problem, I have checked and my machine is definitely accessible externally.
Sep 19, 2007 at 12:50 PM
I had the redirect loop until I realised there was a typo between the application name in facebook app settings and the facebook\application name attribute in web.config. Fingers crossed - nothing since then.
Sep 19, 2007 at 2:38 PM
Ive checked that and it doesnt seem to have made any difference, the name attribute in the web.config is definately the same, also ive tried setting the ApplicationName attribute on the FacebookApplication element too, and again its still looping, any more ideas?.
Sep 19, 2007 at 3:44 PM
I am having the same issue, haven't received word on a fix.
Sep 20, 2007 at 3:47 PM
Edited Sep 20, 2007 at 3:47 PM
For all the people experiencing this problem ive found out what the problem is, I was going directly to my server in my browser which was redirecting back and forth between it and facebook, what you need to do is goto the http://apps.facebook.com/appname/ url instead and all works fine, the framework needs to really be updated if possible to take account of this and rather than bouncing back and forth with redirects either direct to the apps.facebook.com page or throw an exception.
Coordinator
Sep 21, 2007 at 4:05 AM
I just checked in a fix for this... it will definitely be part of the next release.
Sep 21, 2007 at 6:13 AM
When can we expect the next release build to be done? I'm having this issue, and working aroun dit by setting the facebookapplication mode to "Iframe" even though mine is an fbml application. So far, it doesn't seem to matter... but without going under the hood (which I haven't the time for at the moment) I'm not sure what ramifications this has.

If no build will be done soon, I'll build my own patched version but since this app is being given to a third party I want to use official binaries to make them happier.
Coordinator
Sep 22, 2007 at 2:10 AM
Can you test and report back that the issue has been fixed. Ideally I'd love to get some level of external verification beyond my simple test before putting out a release.
Sep 27, 2007 at 3:50 PM
The new release seems to fix the loop problem, now it goes to the add application page.