Is development on FacebookNET over?

Sep 17, 2007 at 8:54 AM
Will there be additional development on FacebookNET? In its current state, it is only possible to navigate b/t pages in a multi-iframe canvas app with the FacebookHyperLink control. Unfortunately, this is just not enough functionality for me to use FacebookNET. I really wish FacebookApplication.Redirect() would be modified to account for multi-iframe apps. Then I would pick this library over FacebookDeveloperToolkit without a second thought.
Coordinator
Sep 17, 2007 at 12:32 PM
Development is not over... the feature you ask for will certainly be added...

In the interim you can simply use Response.Write(@"<script type=""text/javascript"">window.parent.location = '<your url>'</script>"); and wrap that with a Redirect method. That is along the lines of what I would add...
Sep 17, 2007 at 6:24 PM
That doesn't seem to work for me. Or perhaps I did it wrong. But I believe you already have something like that in FacebookApplication.Redirect(). I guess I'll just be patient and wait for the next set of fixes.
Coordinator
Sep 22, 2007 at 2:07 AM
FacebookApplication.Redirect has now been updated.

What I meant in my previous post was to resolve the url so Facebook can make sense of it, and then call FacebookApplication.Redirect. The updated Redirect method now does the resolution. Try it and see if it works. The change is checked in, but not yet in a release. If you get a chance to try it that would be great, that would increase the confidence level in getting the next release ready and published...