why the developer toolkit has a fame more than facebook.net

Sep 9, 2007 at 9:46 PM
Edited Sep 9, 2007 at 11:11 PM
i decide to work using facebook.net but i m asking this question in the header cause i need to know why all people seem to be using the developer toolkit and i need to know can i use ajax in my project although i m using .net 2
thanks for help

again i know i look like a fool
but sorry i need to know how to use ajax it gives me an error saying that i must set the application name first and i cant set it .
Coordinator
Sep 10, 2007 at 6:17 PM
Facebook Dev Toolkit has been around for a month or so longer... thats a big reason it has more "fame" ... though of course I am hopeful that Facebook.NET will also get more buzz, esp. if it feels more at home to the asp.net developer.

You can use Ajax with Facebook.NET. You can use things like ASP.NET Ajax (update panels etc.) in iframe apps.

The EnableAjaxScenarios property on FacebookApplication is slightly different (will blog about this sometime this week) - it outputs various variables containing the session information, so they can be used to issue Ajax xmlhttp requests (see the included sample) from the client while preserving user context. EnableAjaxScenarios requires you set the ApplicationName property which points to a Facebook app registered in config with name/api key/secret. Again see the sample's web.config - it will show you how to configure an app.